An Evening with Paul Fjelsta
Sustaining Process Improvement Behavior Change
A Workshop presented at ASQ 2017 World Conference on Quality and Improvement in May, 2017
Mr. Fjelsta will present this interactive workshop in two parts-Part 1 as the Pre-Dinner Tutorial and Part 2 as the Keynote Speaker
There are decades of research showing that the majority of improvement initiatives fail to meet and/or sustain performance expectations. Traditional Change Management typically references leadership support and engagement as the most important but significantly lacking factor in initiatives’ success. We believe this performance expectation “disconnect” occurs because of inattention to the behavior change dimension. accomplir® has developed practitioners’ tools to simultaneously identify performer and leader key behavior changes while engaging leaders to effectively establish their active and on-going accountability for results.
This workshop takes a practitioner’s viewpoint, focusing on accomplir® Behavior Management tools integrated into a DMAIC framework. I will review this integrated methodology and selected tools that accelerate and sustain behavior change.
accomplir® Behavioral Management enables Leaders to accelerate & sustain performance improvement deployment & results. It takes new / changed behaviors, plus effectively designed processes, to improve performance. Our approach:
- Accelerates performance improvement through a leadership culture that reinforces discretionary effort (“Want to Perform” vs. “Have to Perform”)
- Provides a more comprehensive & systematic framework for Leadership & Project Team understanding of Current-State behaviors influencing performance
- Incorporates into Future-State processes leader behaviors & more effective consequences to support Key & Critical Behaviors (Design for Sustainability©)
- Focuses Leader coaching & mentoring in support of Key & Critical Behaviors that have the most impact on desired performance
- Learn the essentials of accomplir® Behavior Management and the importance of consequences and feedback to change and sustain behavior (performance)
- Identify and pinpoint Behaviors & Consequences (1-2 exercises)
- Learn how to more effectively engage leaders and key stakeholders throughout all project phases
- Gain an understanding of identifying Key and Critical Behaviors to create Current & Future State Behavioral Annotated Processes(SM)
Pre-Dinner Speaker: Paul Fjelsta - Main Room (J/K)
Presentation: Sustaining Process Improvement Behavior Change Part 1
Please bring your unwrapped gifts for Toys for Tots collection!
5:00 - 7:00pm Registration
5:30 - 6:30pm Pre-dinner Tutorial Presentation
6:30 - 7:00pm Dinner
7:00 - 7:15pm Announcements
7:15 - 8:30pm Post-Dinner Main Presentation
Dinner Menu from Luby's:
Entree 1: Baked Meatloaf
Entree 2: Roasted Turkey with Cornbread Dressing
Entree 3: Parmesan Eggplant with Waldorf Salad
Side Items: Green Beans, Roasted Veggies, Wheat Roll, and Cupcakes
Coffee, Water, Sweet Tea, and Unsweet Tea
As always, our monthly Professional Development Dinner meetings are open to the public and are only $5.00. There is no requirement to be an ASQ member to attend, or to purchase a meal. Online pre-registration closes on Mondays at 11:45pm before the event. If you choose to purchase a meal at the event, the price will be $25 (only $5 more).