Dinner Speaker: Rashid Kapadia
Presentation: Necessary Bridges
Professional and technical expertise can open a vast number of doors—in early career
Expertise in public speaking and storytelling can open more elusive doors—right away,
and in late career. An unseen (and significant) career danger for rising project managers, engineers and
other “STEM1 professionals & technical experts” is one of mid-career stagnation.
Acquiring non-technical expertise becomes increasingly essential. Becoming an expert
public speaker and storyteller is an excellent option.
From this session, participants will be able to:
1. Appreciate anew the transformative power of public speaking and storytelling.
2. Recognize public speaking and storytelling as a distinguishing competence—
one that leaders throughout history have embraced.
3. Renew your commitment to acquiring expertise in public speaking, storytelling
and even great oratory.
4. Take next steps acquiring expertise in public speaking and storytelling.
Pre-Dinner Speaker (Tutorial 1) Main Room: Raouf Naguib
Presentation: A Gap Analysis between ISO 9001:2015 and API Q1 9th Ed
ISO 9001:2015 was published September 2015, and companies are scrambling, with limited time on their hands, to figure out how to modify their existing quality management systems to comply with the requirements of the new the new edition. Moreover, the ISO released a new version of ISO 9000-Fundamentals and Vocabulary.
The questions on everybody’s mind are:
- How wide the gap is between our company’s QMS and the requirements of the new edition.
- How does the new edition affect companies in the Oil & Gas sector utilizing API Q1 and/or Q2?
- Are there any gaps between ISO 9001:2015 and API Q1:9th Ed, and if so, what are they?
- How does the new ISO9000 version add to the complexity of the situation?
- How will API react to the release of the ISO documents?
The presentation will try to answer all these questions.
Pre-Dinner Speaker (Tutorial 2) Rooms EF: Eddie Covington
Presentation: An overview of the Certified Six Sigma Green Belt Body of Knowledge to help attendees understand what is required to study for the exam and learn auditing concepts.
5:00 - 7:00pm Registration
5:30 - 6:30pm Pre-dinner (Tutorial) Presentations
6:30 - 7:00pm Dinner
7:00 - 7:15pm Announcements
7:15 - 8:30pm Dinner Presentation
Catering by Luby's
Entree 1 - Angus Chopped Steak
Entree 2 - Southern Style Chicken Dumplings
Entree 3 (Vegetarian) - Spanish Baked Corn
Sides: Carrot & Raisin Salad
Coffee, iced-tea, and bottled water
As always, our monthly Professional Development Dinner meetings are open to the public and are no charge. There is no requirement to be an ASQ member to attend, or to purchase a meal. Online pre-registration closes on Tuesdays at 11:45pm before the event. If you choose to purchase a meal at the event, the price will be $25 ($5 more) and food choices may be limited.