Since 2009, ASQ’s Healthcare Division has awarded one annual $2,000 scholarship in honor of Florence Nightingale, the widely recognized initiator of nursing as a profession.
• be a student enrolled in an accredited post-secondary institution pursuing studies related to healthcare quality
• be a current Healthcare Division member or sponsored by a current division member; membership number must be provided for verification
• submit a one page personal profile outlining related work experience, professional society involvement, current program of study, area of interest in healthcare quality, and future career plans
• supply three letters of recommendation attesting to capacity for independent applied research and leadership in their chosen field :
• one letter from the sponsoring Healthcare Division member (if sponsored)
• two letters from faculty, addressing the applicant’s GPA, academic excellence, and commitment to the field of healthcare quality
• submit an essay of no more than six double-spaced pages in 12-point typeface on the topic of “Quality in Healthcare: Strategies for Reducing Adverse Outcomes and Costs While Improving Quality of Care”. Paper must include references (including in-text citations) to current literature and specific process improvement strategies.